|MAJOR 2nd (Second)|
|Publisher||Weekly Shonen Sunday|
|Original Run||2015 – present|
|Screenplay||Michihiro Tsuchiya, Kenji Konuta, Mitsuyo Suenaga, Kenichi Yamashita|
|Character Design||Kenichi Onuki|
|Original Run||April 7, 2018 ~|
MAJOR 2nd (Second) is a sports manga series succeeding the previous MAJOR (series), written by Takuya Mitsuda. An anime adaptation is being planned and scheduled to air on NHK Educational TV on April 2018.
Years after the previous series, Daigo Shigeno who is now in elementary school student, dreams to become a professional baseball player just like father and former major leaguer, Goro Shigeno. Following in his dad's footsteps, Daigo joined the little league team “Mifune Dolphins”, but finds his skills lacking and fell under the pressure from his peer players of becoming the second generation. Eventually, Daigo gave up baseball before even trying it out for a year and lived his life apathetically. Now in the 6th grade, he meets a new transfer student who returned home from America. The boy's name is Hikaru Sato, whose father is Toshiya Sato, a former major leaguer and a longtime friend of Goro. And the wheel of fate concerning these young lads is about to spin!
- Daigo Shigeno: The main protagonist and son of the former major league player, Goro Shigeno.
- Hikaru Sato: The deuteragonist and son of Toshiya Sato, Goro's best friend since childhood.
- Mutsuko Sakura: The main heroine who has a crush on Daigo.
- Hayato Urabe: Daigo's teammate in the Mifune Dolphins.
- Andy Suzuki: Hayato's battery partner.
- Michiru Mayumura: The second daughter of Ken Mayumura, a former pro baseball player.
- Wataru Mayumura: Michiru's twin brother, and Ken Mayumura's second son.
- Izumi Shigeno: Daigo's elder sister.
- Goro Shigeno: The former protagonist of the previous series, and a former ace pitcher of the major league.
- Kaoru Shigeno: Former heroine of the previous series, whom she knew since elementary school and later married in the epilogue.
- Momoko Shigeno: Daigo's grandmother and Goro's step-mother
- Hideki Shigeno: Daigo's grandfather and Goro's step-father.
On April 4, 2018, it was announced that the Major 2nd manga had 5.6 million copies in print, for the first 13 volumes.
- The term "second" refers to the second generation, linking the passings between father and son.
- In the initial broadcasting of the anime, minor Message segments were shown during post-credits and after-preview in each episode. They follow the "generation" theme, where selected photos between a professional baseball player with his "message to everyone" and a little league group shot are shown.